User interface color

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

User interface color

rich2005
Gimp loads with a white background and I would like to make it a dark grey
background.  How do I do this?

--
ldubia (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: User interface color

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:25 PM, ldubia wrote:
> Gimp loads with a white background and I would like to make it a dark grey
> background.  How do I do this?

https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-image-window-appearance

You need to change the "Custom padding color".

Alex
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: User interface color

Steve Kinney


On 04/01/2017 05:40 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:25 PM, ldubia wrote:
>> Gimp loads with a white background and I would like to make it a dark grey
>> background.  How do I do this?
>
> https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-image-window-appearance
>
> You need to change the "Custom padding color".

You might also want to look at some darker / lower color themes for the
rest of the GIMP's parts.  I think I found the one I am using here:

https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/268/order/latest

:o)


_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: User interface color

Steve Kinney


On 04/01/2017 02:47 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:

>
>
> On 04/01/2017 05:40 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:25 PM, ldubia wrote:
>>> Gimp loads with a white background and I would like to make it a dark grey
>>> background.  How do I do this?
>>
>> https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-image-window-appearance
>>
>> You need to change the "Custom padding color".
>
> You might also want to look at some darker / lower color themes for the
> rest of the GIMP's parts.  I think I found the one I am using here:
>
> https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/268/order/latest

Aha, here's the theme I am using just now.  A while back I went on a
Holy Quest for GIMP themes, and this was what I settled on:

https://gimptutoriali.blogspot.ba/2013/10/dark-theme-tactile-teme-za-gimp.html

https://i.imgur.com/4fnnD1u.jpg

But according to something else I just saw, the need for such Quests is
nearly at an end.  Quote:  [All of these themes are now a part of GIMP
and included by default starting with version 2.9.2]

https://github.com/Draekko-RAND/gimp-themes

And I see more than one that looks "just right" to me.

:o)


_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...