Unsupported color mode CMYK

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unsupported color mode CMYK

billlee
Hi all,
I am facing an issue when trying to open a pre-configured PSD file due to an
unsupported color mode: CMYK.
Did anybody come across such an issue before and found a way to fix it?

Your help is much appreciated!
Thanks

--
adimoxon (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unsupported color mode CMYK

billlee
>Hi all,
>I am facing an issue when trying to open a pre-configured PSD file due
>to an unsupported color mode: CMYK.
>Did anybody come across such an issue before and found a way to fix
>it?
>
>Your help is much appreciated!
>Thanks

As you found Gimp does not support cyan-magenta-yellow-black (cmyk) colour
space.

Gimp is a red-green-blue (RGB) bitmap editor. Apart from that, support for PS
.psd files is very limited.

As a suggestion, open the image in the free application Krita see: www.krita.org

That also has limited support for PS layers, depends on the .psd image

Krita can convert the color-space to RGB and if required to 8 bit. Export as a
tiff and open the tiff in Gimp as layers.

The only real solution is pay for Photoshop.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unsupported color mode CMYK

billlee
>As you found Gimp does not support cyan-magenta-yellow-black (cmyk)
>colour space.
>
>Gimp is a red-green-blue (RGB) bitmap editor. Apart from that, support
>for PS .psd files is very limited.
>
>As a suggestion, open the image in the free application Krita see:
>www.krita.org
>
>That also has limited support for PS layers, depends on the .psd image
>
>Krita can convert the color-space to RGB and if required to 8 bit.
>Export as a tiff and open the tiff in Gimp as layers.
>
>The only real solution is pay for Photoshop.



Just found one solution, because CMYKtool dont work i nwin10.

Cyan Prepress

https://sourceforge.net/projects/prepress/

It can only export to tiff, but thats workable for me when using Scribus as DTP.

you have to install some cmyk icc profiles, which you can google "adobe icc
profile end user"

--
tjohansen (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unsupported color mode CMYK

billlee
>Just found one solution, because CMYKtool dont work i nwin10.
>
>Cyan Prepress
>
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/prepress/
>
>It can only export to tiff, but thats workable for me when using
>Scribus as DTP.
>
>you have to install some cmyk icc profiles, which you can google
>"adobe icc profile end user"

Interesting, I will give the older linux version a try.

Just for interest but using separate+ in Gimp 2.10 - it is possible but not
really practical

https://youtu.be/5z98GezQVtI  duration a couple of minutes

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list