***UNCHECKED*** Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

***UNCHECKED*** Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

aznelson
My monitor is 3840 x 2160 on a Mac. The help browser offers great help, but it's
difficult to read as the font is so small on my monitor. I can't find a way to
increase the font size other than changing the screen resolution. Is there a way
to do that within Gimp?

Thank you

PJW

--
PeterJWhite (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

***UNCHECKED*** Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

aznelson
>My monitor is 3840 x 2160 on a Mac. The help browser offers great
>help, but it's difficult to read as the font is so small on my
>monitor. I can't find a way to increase the font size other than
>changing the screen resolution. Is there a way to do that within Gimp?
>
>Thank you
>
>PJW

Maybe someone can give advice on that resolution problem. If not there is the
Gimp 2.10 help in PDF format here:

http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/

gimp-help-2.10-en.pdf  42 MB 1000 pages, indexed and searchable.

***UNCHECKED*** Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

aznelson
>Maybe someone can give advice on that resolution problem. If not there
>is the Gimp 2.10 help in PDF format here:
>
>http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/
>
>gimp-help-2.10-en.pdf  42 MB 1000 pages, indexed and searchable.

Got it!

Thank you very much

PJW

--
PeterJWhite (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 04:48:49PM +0100, PeterJWhite wrote:
> My monitor is 3840 x 2160 on a Mac. The help browser offers great help, but it's
> difficult to read as the font is so small on my monitor. I can't find a way to
> increase the font size other than changing the screen resolution. Is there a way
> to do that within Gimp?
>
> Thank you
>
> PJW

I use linux and compile gimp myself, using firefox to open the help.
So I have no idea if this will work with whichever browser engine
you are using, but 'Ctrl' and '+' let me zoom in , 'Ctrl' and '-'
let me zoom out.

ĸen
--
When alle is ſayed and all is done, ye must chooſe your faces wisely,
for soon enouff ye will be playing with fyre."

Gimp help browser on high rez monitor

aznelson
>I use linux and compile gimp myself, using firefox to open the help.
>So I have no idea if this will work with whichever browser engine
>you are using, but 'Ctrl' and '+' let me zoom in , 'Ctrl' and '-'
>let me zoom out.
>
>ĸen

Hi Ken,

On a Mac it's Command + or Command - to zoom in or out. For whatever reason it
doesn't work with the GIMP help browser. But now that I have the GIMP help as a
PDF I'm all set.

Great software. I just need to learn its secrets.

Thank you,

PJW

--
PeterJWhite (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)