Two simple questions

Users mailing list
I have not used Gimp yet but I have two questions that require only brief answers.
1) I want to print out the User Manual. How many pages is it?
2) I want to create images by digitally snipping parts of several pictures and combining the selected parts into a new image. Will Gimp allow me to do that?

Thanks for your reply,
Dick Marti

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Two simple questions

Users mailing list
On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 6:59 PM Dick Marti via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have not used Gimp yet but I have two questions that require only brief
> answers.

Hello Dick!

> 1) I want to print out the User Manual. How many pages is it?

There is no up-to-date PDF yet, unfortunately (since we haven't released
user manual for 2.10 yet). The old one was around 500-600 pages the last
time I built it (years ago).

> 2) I want to create images by digitally snipping parts of several pictures
> and combining the selected parts into a new image. Will Gimp allow me to do
> that?

So you want to open an image or create a blank one and add other images to
it. Yes, GIMP can do that.

Re: Two simple questions

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:58:49AM -0500, Dick Marti via gimp-user-list wrote:
> I have not used Gimp yet but I have two questions that require only brief answers.
> 1) I want to print out the User Manual. How many pages is it?

in 2016 were 867 pages...

if you are patient I'll update the pdf in this location to download:

http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/gimp-en.pdf

currently this is the 2016 version...

--

Marco Ciampa

Re: Two simple questions

Users mailing list
On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 02:35:53PM +0100, Marco Ciampa via gimp-user-list wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:58:49AM -0500, Dick Marti via gimp-user-list wrote:
> > I have not used Gimp yet but I have two questions that require only brief answers.
> > 1) I want to print out the User Manual. How many pages is it?
>
> in 2016 were 867 pages...
>
> if you are patient I'll update the pdf in this location to download:
>
> http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/gimp-en.pdf
>
> currently this is the 2016 version...

Update: you can get both the old and the new versions:

http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/gimp-help-2.8-en.pdf

and

http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/gimp-help-2.10-en.pdf

Best regards,