Quantcast

Transform Tools rotate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Transform Tools rotate

Gary Montalbine
Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?

Thanks, Gary
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Transform Tools rotate

Owen-24

> Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
> very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
> to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?



In the tool options for the rotate tool, set guides to "No guides"



--
Owen

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Transform Tools rotate

Gary Montalbine
On 07/29/2012 09:44 PM, Owen wrote:
>
>> Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
>> very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
>> to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?
>
> In the tool options for the rotate tool, set guides to "No guides"
>
Thanks. Unfortunately I can not find that option anywhere. I do not see
it in tools. I still have the guides.
Gary
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Transform Tools rotate

Olivier-24
2012/7/30 Gary Montalbine <[hidden email]>:

> On 07/29/2012 09:44 PM, Owen wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
>>> very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
>>> to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?
>>
>>
>> In the tool options for the rotate tool, set guides to "No guides"
>>
> Thanks. Unfortunately I can not find that option anywhere. I do not see it
> in tools. I still have the guides.

That option is in the tool options. If you closed the corresponding
dialog, open it again with a double-click on the tool icon or with
Image: Windows -> Dockable dialogs -> Tool options. And don't close it
again, it's useful!
--
Olivier Lecarme
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Transform Tools rotate

Gary Montalbine

On 07/30/2012 02:14 AM, Olivier wrote:

> 2012/7/30 Gary Montalbine<[hidden email]>:
>> On 07/29/2012 09:44 PM, Owen wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
>>>> very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
>>>> to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?
>>>
>>>
>>> In the tool options for the rotate tool, set guides to "No guides"
>>>
>> Thanks. Unfortunately I can not find that option anywhere. I do not see it
>> in tools. I still have the guides.
>
> That option is in the tool options. If you closed the corresponding
> dialog, open it again with a double-click on the tool icon or with
> Image: Windows ->  Dockable dialogs ->  Tool options. And don't close it
> again, it's useful!

Found it. Thank you. Gary
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Loading...