Test message

chris-17

Hi all,

1) Beyond my first msg to this list, it seems to be
difficult to get my posts to appear. Just testing again.
I have a theory that msgs in HTML format are dumped,
and that perhaps I got banned for it. I've sent email to
the list admin, but haven't rec'd a reply.

2) Probably a boring repetitive question, but why isn't
this list a newsgroup instead? Would be easier to track

Chris

Re: Test message

GSR - FR
Hi,
[hidden email] (2005-06-15 at 1438.03 -0700):
> 2) Probably a boring repetitive question, but why isn't
> this list a newsgroup instead? Would be easier to track

Try gmane gateway.

GSR

Re: Test message

chris-17
Trying again through the gmane gateway. So cool if this
works!

Thanks!

"GSR - FR" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi,
> [hidden email] (2005-06-15 at 1438.03 -0700):
>> 2) Probably a boring repetitive question, but why isn't
>> this list a newsgroup instead? Would be easier to track
>
> Try gmane gateway.
>
> GSR

Re: Test message

chris-17
Wow...this is indeed cool!

Most grateful...

--Chris

Re: Test message

Michael Schumacher
> Von: <[hidden email]>

> 1) Beyond my first msg to this list, it seems to be
> difficult to get my posts to appear. Just testing again.
> I have a theory that msgs in HTML format are dumped,
> and that perhaps I got banned for it. I've sent email to
> the list admin, but haven't rec'd a reply.

AFAIK HTML mail is not dropped (unfortunately).

> 2) Probably a boring repetitive question, but why isn't
> this list a newsgroup instead? Would be easier to track

A mailing list and a news group are displayed identically by most
mail-/newsreaders, so there is no real gain in this. You give up control,
too, and occasionally you may want to exclude someone from the list due to
his behaviour.

BTW, there is a news group, comp.graphics.apps.gimp

HTH,

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++