Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Roundball
Sorry to ask yet another "GIMP won't recognize my tablet!" thread, but I really
don't know what to do. EVERY SINGLE thread, tutorial, and article I've seen just
says that as long as my tablet's drivers are installed correctly and I open GIMP
using my tablet, it will be recognized in the input devices.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for me. Starting GIMP using my tablet does
nothing - the input devices still only lists my mouse. I know the drivers are
installed correctly, however, because my tablet still works just fine with other
programs like Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI.

I'm using Windows 10, and a WACOM Intuos. Anybody have any ideas?

--
SpeedBoostTorchic (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Roundball
>Sorry to ask yet another "GIMP won't recognize my tablet!" thread, but
>I really don't know what to do. EVERY SINGLE thread, tutorial, and
>article I've seen just says that as long as my tablet's drivers are
>installed correctly and I open GIMP using my tablet, it will be
>recognized in the input devices.
>
>Unfortunately, this is not the case for me. Starting GIMP using my
>tablet does nothing - the input devices still only lists my mouse. I
>know the drivers are installed correctly, however, because my tablet
>still works just fine with other programs like Photoshop and Paint
>Tool SAI.
>
>I'm using Windows 10, and a WACOM Intuos. Anybody have any ideas?
Are you clicking edit/input devices, and not edit/preferences/input devices?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/577/original/2017-05-16_(2).png

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Roundball
>Are you clicking edit/input devices, and not edit/preferences/input
>devices?

I'm clicking Edit > Preferences > Input Devices, but I just tried the other way
and the result is the same.

--
SpeedBoostTorchic (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Roundball
>I'm clicking Edit > Preferences > Input Devices, but I just tried the
>other way and the result is the same.

Could you send a screenshot (alt-prt scr) after you click edit input devices?

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Roundball
>Could you send a screenshot (alt-prt scr) after you click edit input
>devices?

These are the preferences after opening GIMP 2.8 using my Tablet.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/578/original/gimpImage.png
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/579/original/gimpImage2.png

--
SpeedBoostTorchic (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list