Svg Files

Users mailing list
I’m in desperate need of being able to save my creations as SVG files. It’s the only type of file one of the programs I use what I create in can accept and keep the layers I’ve created. HELP. I used to be able to do this long ago and now that I’m designing again I can’t find how to save my creations as svg files.

Sincerely,Ashley Jesus
Pressed To Remember"Passionately Made, Forever Remembered”

Re: Svg Files

Shlomi Fish
Hi Ashley,

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:45:18 +0000 (UTC)
Ashley Jesus via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m in desperate need of being able to save my creations as SVG files. It’s
> the only type of file one of the programs I use what I create in can accept
> and keep the layers I’ve created. HELP. I used to be able to do this long ago
> and now that I’m designing again I can’t find how to save my creations as svg
> files.

SVG is a vector graphics format, so you may wish to use inkscape (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkscape ) or similar. See the list on my site
here:

https://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/resources/graphics-programs/

> Sincerely,Ashley Jesus
> Pressed To Remember"Passionately Made, Forever Remembered”

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
http://is.gd/htwEXQ - Integrating GNU Guile into GNU coreutils

Wikipedia has a page about everything including the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_sink .

    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html

Re: Svg Files

Shlomi Fish
Hi Ashley,

Please reply to list:

https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/netiquette/email/reply-to-list.html

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 20:55:59 +0000 (UTC)
Ashley Jesus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you

You're welcome.

>       I was hoping to have to avoid learning a new design program it’s taken
> me 6 years to get a good firm grasp of gimp. I wish they would release a new
> plugin for svg thank you

A gimp plugin for SVG support will likely not be effective, due to the
differences between raster and vector graphics:

* https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/vector-vs-raster-graphics/

> Pressed To Remember"Passionately Made, Forever Remembered"Pressed to Remember
>

> |   |    |

> |    |
> Pressed to Remember
>
> Pressed to Remember, Peabody, Massachusetts. 113 likes. Pressed to Remember
> creates unique gifts that are always passionately made with the goal of being
> forever remembered by the customer and the... |   |

> On Friday, March 20, 2020, 4:07 PM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Ashley,
>
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:45:18 +0000 (UTC)
> Ashley Jesus via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’m in desperate need of being able to save my creations as SVG files. It’s
> > the only type of file one of the programs I use what I create in can accept
> > and keep the layers I’ve created. HELP. I used to be able to do this long
> > ago and now that I’m designing again I can’t find how to save my creations
> > as svg files.
> >

> SVG is a vector graphics format, so you may wish to use inkscape (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkscape ) or similar. See the list on my site
> here:
>
> https://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/resources/graphics-programs/
>
> > Sincerely,Ashley Jesus
> > Pressed To Remember"Passionately Made, Forever Remembered”

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Summer-Glau/

Chuck Norris does not believe in Astrology, despite the fact that he is a
Pisces, and that Pisces always believe in Astrology.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

Re: Svg Files

John Griessen
On 3/20/20 4:38 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>        I was hoping to have to avoid learning a new design program it’s taken
> me 6 years to get a good firm grasp of gimp. I wish they would release a new
> plugin for svg thank you

Adobe offers two programs for raster and vector...  It's too fundamental a difference to "just convert" between the two.  That's
also why the UI for raster and vector are going to be different no matter what.
So, studying inkscape is your path forward.