Quantcast

Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
TRM
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

TRM

Announcing Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 (Beta)

Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 is a beta version of a GIMP plug-in which
creates a panorama from two images.  The plug-in is written in Python,
and requires that you have a GIMP with python support.  The beta
version of this plug-in is now available at sourceforge.net
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/stitchpanorama/).  It was developed
with GIMP version 2.2.4 on a FC3 linux system.  It may or may not work
with other versions of GIMP and other operating systems, but I'd like
to know if anyone is successful at running this plug-in.

This plug-in allows you to set control points in a pair of images and
warp one onto the other to make a panorama.  Optional removal of image
distortion is also included.


Regards,

Tom Metcalf
_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

Owen-24
On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:20:07 -0700 (PDT)
TRM <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Announcing Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 (Beta)
>
> Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 is a beta version of a GIMP plug-in which
> creates a panorama from two images.  The plug-in is written in Python,
> and requires that you have a GIMP with python support.  The beta
> version of this plug-in is now available at sourceforge.net
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/stitchpanorama/).  It was developed
> with GIMP version 2.2.4 on a FC3 linux system.  It may or may not work
> with other versions of GIMP and other operating systems, but I'd like
> to know if anyone is successful at running this plug-in.


Well that was quite good, so thank you. Here I have 2.2.6 on Mdk-10.1

I had previously done a manual stitch of a couple of photos, but the plug in did a far better job.

See http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/Gimp/ for the stitching effort of this script compared to my original.





Owen
_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

Kevin Coyner


On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:09:39PM +1000, Owen wrote......

> On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:20:07 -0700 (PDT)
> TRM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> > Announcing Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 (Beta)
> >
> > Stitch Panorama 0.9.2 is a beta version of a GIMP plug-in which
> > creates a panorama from two images.  The plug-in is written in
> > Python, and requires that you have a GIMP with python support.  The
> > beta version of this plug-in is now available at sourceforge.net
> > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/stitchpanorama/).  It was developed
> > with GIMP version 2.2.4 on a FC3 linux system.  It may or may not
> > work with other versions of GIMP and other operating systems, but
> > I'd like to know if anyone is successful at running this plug-in.
 

Nice plugin!

Worked nicely on my system:  kernel 2.6.8 on Debian Sid, using Gimp 2.2.

Also nice PDF documentation.  That helps.

Kevin

--
_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

Gracia M. Littauer
> Also nice PDF documentation.  That helps.
>
> Kevin

& how pray tell did you get the pdf? I have tried every which way & all
I get is an html of the mirror sites. Do I need a secret decoder
ring ;^)?

--
Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 - SuSE 9.2 Pro
Choices, life is about choices -- well, part of it is. Shit happens is
the other part. Mickey Mouse aka Jari Lynn
_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

Kevin Coyner


On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 01:03:58PM -0400, Gracia M. Littauer wrote......

> > Also nice PDF documentation.  That helps.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> & how pray tell did you get the pdf? I have tried every which way & all
> I get is an html of the mirror sites. Do I need a secret decoder
> ring ;^)?


It just seemed to work for me through the normal clicking of the links
at sourceforge.net.

If it still doesn't work for you, give this a try:

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/stitchpanorama/stitch_panorama.pdf


Kevin


_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
TRM
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Stitch Panorama 0.9.2

TRM
In reply to this post by TRM

--- Kevin Coyner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If it still doesn't work for you, give this a try:
>
>
http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/stitchpanorama/stitch_panorama.pdf
>
>


Or try http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net/ though this link is new
and may not have made it yet to your local DNS.

Tom

_______________________________________________
Gimp-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user
Loading...