Samsung Galaxy>Windows 7 Setup Help

Roundball
Hi all,

I just borrowed my son's Samsung Galaxy E Tablet so I could use it to drive GIMP
on my PC running Windows 7. I'm stuck.

I don't see an option in Control Panel  for managing Pen/Tablet settings. The
Tablet shows up as a new drive, but that's as far as I can get.

I'd like to have GIMP open on my PC/42inch Flat Screen Monitor, while I use a
pen on the tablet to do the work. Can that be done with GIMP/Samsung
Galaxy/Windows 7?

Thanks loads for any kind of help!

Lying Bastard

--
GeneralProductsHull (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Samsung Galaxy>Windows 7 Setup Help

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?=
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 00:02:05 +-0100, GeneralProductsHull wrote:

> I'd like to have GIMP open on my PC/42inch Flat Screen Monitor, while I use a
> pen on the tablet to do the work. Can that be done with GIMP/Samsung
> Galaxy/Windows 7?

No - you'll need a graphic tablet for that, not a tablet computer.

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Re: Samsung Galaxy>Windows 7 Setup Help

J Albrecht
Not sure that I’d want to do it due to potential lag or resolution issues but, there are a number of apps available which enable one to control their computer’s cursor from an android. Quick search on Play or Fdroid should help.

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 19:19, Jernej Simončič <jernej|[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 00:02:05 +0100, GeneralProductsHull wrote:
>
>> I'd like to have GIMP open on my PC/42inch Flat Screen Monitor, while I use a
>> pen on the tablet to do the work. Can that be done with GIMP/Samsung
>> Galaxy/Windows 7?
>
> No - you'll need a graphic tablet for that, not a tablet computer.
>
> --
> < Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Re: Samsung Galaxy>Windows 7 Setup Help

Ofnuts-2
On 25/02/17 13:02, J Albrecht wrote:
> Not sure that I’d want to do it due to potential lag or resolution issues but, there are a number of apps available which enable one to control their computer’s cursor from an android. Quick search on Play or Fdroid should help.

You still don't get the equivalent of a graphics tablet. There won't be
any pressure sensitivity, and there can still be non-linear "ballistics".