Rights

Users mailing list
Hello,

I decided to use Gimp in order to make a game for Android. But i would like
to sell it. Can i use all the software's functions ? Like the elliptic
selection or rectangular selection to create graphics, with the rights to
sell the game with the graphics created with the software?

                              Thank you for advance

Re: Rights

Users mailing list
Hi!

Yes it's not a problem. Anything which came with GIMP (core version) can be
used to do whatever you want. This includes the tool, but also data such as
brushes, patterns, etc.
We don't control licensing of data from third-party (for instance if you
downloaded some pattern from some random website). But core data and core
features are not a problem for commercial work.

See also our FAQ:
https://www.gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#can-i-use-gimp-commercially

Jehan

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 11:07 PM Voltane 17 via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I decided to use Gimp in order to make a game for Android. But i would like
> to sell it. Can i use all the software's functions ? Like the elliptic
> selection or rectangular selection to create graphics, with the rights to
> sell the game with the graphics created with the software?
>
>                               Thank you for advance

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot