Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving

GMX

Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving

GMX
Dear Sirs and Madams,

since several years I'm using your software GIMP.
Currently I am working on an picture with many layers, more than 40, for
the first time. Now I have searched for a possibility to secure layers
against undesired moving.
But this feature / option isn't available till this day and we have Gimp
Version 2.8.22 now.

By the way, I would like to have this feature for normal layers not for
pending ones.

Please include it in the next upcoming version, that would be very nice.
I don't want to go on search for an other image manipulation program,
only because of this lack.

With best regards an thank you

Yours Tristan Hinzke

Re: Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 11:48 AM, GMX wrote:

> Dear Sirs and Madams,
>
> since several years I'm using your software GIMP.
> Currently I am working on an picture with many layers, more than 40, for the
> first time. Now I have searched for a possibility to secure layers against
> undesired moving.
> But this feature / option isn't available till this day and we have Gimp
> Version 2.8.22 now.
>
> By the way, I would like to have this feature for normal layers not for
> pending ones.
>
> Please include it in the next upcoming version

Already available in 2.9.x for the past several years and will be in 2.10 :)