Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
Hello, Gimp world,

So I have come to a point where I know my workflow and certain filter I in no
way need...

Is there a way to remove certain filters which are built into gimp?

I tried looking through the files but with no success. (I tried to locate the
filter 'Coffee stain', as a test.)

Any help and guidance would be very welcome.

Windows 10 - Gimp 2.10.8 <3

Thx

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
The particular filter that you mention is provided by
...\gimp\share\2.0\scripts\coffee.scm (where you need to put the appropriate
path to replace the ...). Deleting this file will remove the filter - although
it will reappear next time you reinstall GIMP.

The question is why bother? The script file itself is only 3 KB, so doesn't take
much disk space. Why not just ignore it if you don't want to use it?

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
>The particular filter that you mention is provided by
>...\gimp\share\2.0\scripts\coffee.scm (where you need to put the
>appropriate path to replace the ...). Deleting this file will remove
>the filter - although it will reappear next time you reinstall GIMP.
>
>The question is why bother? The script file itself is only 3 KB, so
>doesn't take much disk space. Why not just ignore it if you don't want
>to use it?

Hello

Thanks for the reply,

To answer your question I have been using Gimp now for 6 years Professionally
and at some point, you know exactly what you need and use. I guess in some way I
also just love customizing my things on my PC. (Example: Got rid of the shortcut
arrow on desktop apps by changing the registry ^^).

Anyways thank you for your reply and have an awesome day.

Daniel

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
>Hello
>
>Thanks for the reply,
>
>To answer your question I have been using Gimp now for 6 years
>Professionally and at some point, you know exactly what you need and
>use. I guess in some way I also just love customizing my things on my
>PC. (Example: Got rid of the shortcut arrow on desktop apps by
>changing the registry ^^).
>
>Anyways thank you for your reply and have an awesome day.
>
>Daniel

No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm stops
Gimp loading it and it is still there if needed in the future.

A better way is investigate using a resources manager where scripts can be
loaded as required. Would need a bit of work to move stock scripts out into a
User folder but is possible.

A resources manager? - one here - addonCollectionManager-3.0.py -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/ about 40 down the
list.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1050/original/01-script.jpg

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
>No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm

typo: that should of course be does not end in .scm

have a good day

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
>No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm
>stops Gimp loading it and it is still there if needed in the future.
>
>A better way is investigate using a resources manager where scripts
>can be loaded as required. Would need a bit of work to move stock
>scripts out into a User folder but is possible.
>
>A resources manager? - one here - addonCollectionManager-3.0.py -
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/ about 40
>down the list.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you :)

I will give ít a shot, it would be my first time using such a tool and I
wouldn't know where to start, I am sure google will be my friend.

At this point a feel a bit silly for even trying all of this ^^

Hope all is well

Daniel

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
>typo: that should of course be does not end in .scm
>
>have a good day
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I figured that was the case. I thought about this as well.

:)

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

Misslo777
You could just write a batch file (.BAT) to rename or delete the scripts
(Script-Fu or Python) that you don't want. Add extra files to it when you find
another script that you don't want. Then simply run the batch file whenever you
update GIMP and the scripts have reappeared.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)