Remove parts of image from multiple images

Remove parts of image from multiple images

billlee
I am not cropping, I am removing specific parts of images (let's say a triangle)
i.e. turning it transparent. The specific parts needs to be removed are same for
all images.

I could do it manually for each image, but there are just too many of them (was
a video converted to frames)

--
deXxterlab97 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Remove parts of image from multiple images

billlee
>I am not cropping, I am removing specific parts of images (let's say a
>triangle) i.e. turning it transparent. The specific parts needs to be
>removed are same for all images.
>
>I could do it manually for each image, but there are just too many of
>them (was a video converted to frames)

Is that area static, if it varies then I think not possible.

Nothing easy in Gimp I can think of to batch process a set of frames. You will
need a script/plugin writing.

As a possibility, using ImageMagick and a couple of commands.

overlay each frame with a mask, choose a colour that does not normally occur in
the frames, say magenta

magick composite area.png image.000075.jpg  out-xxx.png

Make that overlay colour transparent

magick out-xxx.png  -fuzz 40% -transparent magenta result-xxx.png

Of course that is just for a single frame, those need wrapping in a batch/bash
script depending on OS.

Best place to ask the question is https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/
in the Users section

Attachments: