Re: image format

Users mailing list
Recently downloaded Gimp, so it's all new to me!  All my images are in Jpeg and I'd like to keep it that way - how do I create a rectangular transparent background for a greeting card that  is oval -  which is the very reason I downloaded GIMP- for transparent backgrounds on my card display online!   Is it possible to change the PNG to a Jpeg afterward and get the results I'm looking for?
Dianne

Re: image format

Users mailing list
JPEG files do not support transparency.  You'll need to use PNG (or another
file format that supports transparency).

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 11:59 AM di.schlegel--- via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Recently downloaded Gimp, so it's all new to me!  All my images are in
> Jpeg and I'd like to keep it that way - how do I create a rectangular
> transparent background for a greeting card that  is oval -  which is the
> very reason I downloaded GIMP- for transparent backgrounds on my card
> display online!   Is it possible to change the PNG to a Jpeg afterward and
> get the results I'm looking for?
> Dianne

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC