Re: School Research Project

Michael Schumacher
Ansel Witthaus wrote:

> Hello,

> I need to obtain approval from you and the people I interview within
> the project before I can continue.

Thanks for asking.
There is no one in a position to explicitely give or deny you the
permission to write a paper about The GIMP, though, so if the policy of
your research project requires explicit permission, you gotta change the
rules :)

Let's hope many people want to participate.

HTH,

The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de
Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org |

Re: School Research Project

Ansel Witthaus
I just need no one to dissent from me researching, so I will assume
that no one has.

Basically I am looking to find out how an open source software
community starts and the hierarchy it has created.  To that end I
would like to interview the founders (which it is my understanding it
will be hard to get ahold of them), a few higher level developers,
and a few people who just dabble.  I want to see why people start
them and contribute to them.  I will be writing up a set of questions
that it would be great if a few people could answer.  I will send out
a link to that in the near future.  Thanks to those of you who have
shown interest, and to those of you who haven't replied to me yet, I
would love to have your thoughts also, even if you don't have time to
answer all of my questions.  I will make my findings available to all
of you if you are interested in what my final paper is about.

Ansel