Re: Default JPEG quality setting - where?

Re: Default JPEG quality setting - where?

Bugzilla from zarhan@cs.tut.fi
William Skaggs <weskaggs <at> primate.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Third, there is no way to change the defaults in GIMP 2.2
> except by editing the C code for the jpeg plugin,
> but we are working on a way to do this that should apply
> to all plugins, and you can expect it to be available in
> GIMP 2.4.

  To followup on this old thread..

  Now that GIMP 2.3 is out, I'm not sure if I'm finding this improvement in the
changelog yet.

  Can you point out which specific change in the news file
  http://developer.gimp.org/NEWS
  is the one that includes these changes?

  Thank you.

Re: Re: Default JPEG quality setting - where?

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Antti Mäkelä <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Third, there is no way to change the defaults in GIMP 2.2
>> except by editing the C code for the jpeg plugin,
>> but we are working on a way to do this that should apply
>> to all plugins, and you can expect it to be available in
>> GIMP 2.4.
>
>   To followup on this old thread..
>
>   Now that GIMP 2.3 is out, I'm not sure if I'm finding this
>   improvement in the changelog yet.
>
>   Can you point out which specific change in the news file
>   http://developer.gimp.org/NEWS
>   is the one that includes these changes?

It isn't there yet (remember, this is not yet GIMP 2.4). We have
however already large parts of the framework that will be needed:

 - moved GimpConfig functionality from core into libgimpconfig
 - moved GimpEnumStore and GimpEnumComboBox to libgimpwidgets
 - moved convenience constructors for property views to libgimpwidgets

Sven