Question about batch process Selection

Users mailing list
Hello,

I'm not really sure to ask at the right email adress but I try ^^.

My question is about to carry out a batch process on several picture I get.

All my pictures get a White background  (255,255,255)  and I would like to remove this background and getting transparent picture. Obviously , I don't want to do that on 60 pictures .. So I was looking for plug in or something like that to process these steps:

- Fuzzy selection --> click always at the same point on the picture (a corner of each picture)

- "Delete" the white background thanks to the Fuzzy selection

- Save picture (.png with transparent background)

Maybe it exists some script or some plug in which could help me ?

(PS: I'm really beginner in writting code on Script-fu )

In case, I contact the wrong user list please could you give me contact  in order to ask my question ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

[1505403877901_ISM][1505404771538_Aix]

Andria CAPAI - Ingénieur d'études
UMR 7287.Sc. du Mouvement (EJ Marey)
Institut des Sciences du Mouvement - 163 Avenue de Luminy - 13009 Marseille
Tél: +33(0)6 38 23 96 09<tel:+33%206%2038%2023%2096%2009>

Re: Question about batch process Selection

Ofnuts-2
On 11/23/18 11:55 AM, CAPAI Andria via gimp-user-list wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm not really sure to ask at the right email adress but I try ^^.
>
> My question is about to carry out a batch process on several picture I get.
>
> All my pictures get a White background  (255,255,255)  and I would like to remove this background and getting transparent picture. Obviously , I don't want to do that on 60 pictures .. So I was looking for plug in or something like that to process these steps:
>
> - Fuzzy selection --> click always at the same point on the picture (a corner of each picture)
>
> - "Delete" the white background thanks to the Fuzzy selection
>
> - Save picture (.png with transparent background)
>

> Maybe it exists some script or some plug in which could help me ?
>
> (PS: I'm really beginner in writting code on Script-fu )
>

> In case, I contact the wrong user list please could you give me contact  in order to ask my question ?

This can be done very efficiently in CLI with ImageMagick:

     convert input.png \( -clone 0 -fill "#ffffff" -colorize 100 \) \(
-clone 0,1 -compose difference -composite -separate +channel
-evaluate-sequence max -auto-level \) -delete 1 -alpha off -compose over
-compose copy_opacity -composite output.png

(that you can of course put in a plain shell script that lops over the
files).

Otherwise see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44430081/how-to-run-python-scripts-using-gimpfu-from-windows-command-line/44435560#44435560