Procedure Plug-in

Users mailing list
Hi there,

I am writing to enquire regarding the process of removing unwanted
plug-ins. I recently installed a batch cropping plug-in from GitHub,
uploaded by khalim19.

*please find the screenshots of my procedure browser attached.

I no longer wish to use this plug in and would like to delete it from the
GIMP application but I simply don't know how to do this. I've tried
uninstalling the app, and deleting the batch cropping plug-in folder from
my downloads but neither have worked. I was wondering if you could advise.

Kind regards,

David Appleyard.

Re: Procedure Plug-in

Users mailing list
You just need to remove the executable from Gimp's reach (delete or move
elsewhere). You can find where the executable is by

 1. locating your Gimp profile as explained here:
    http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/
 2. Exit Gimp
 3. Navigate to that directory with your file explorer
 4. Edit the "pluginrc" file with a text editor
 5. Search for the text of the menu entry for your unwanted plugin
 6. The name of the file will appear in the "plug-in-def" line that
    precedes that menu text
 7. Remove the file using your file explorer
 8. Close the "pluginrc" file
 9. Restart Gimp. The plugin should be gone