Problem photos

Roundball
I have a number of old black and white photos that have a slight color cast in
the faces.  I have been trying to change this to a more pleasing gray.  So far I
have failed.  I have attached one of the photos.  I hope someone can show me how
to solve this issue.  Thanks.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/488/original/BJ.jpg

--
cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Problem photos

Partha Bagchi-2
I assume you are not happy with desaturate and hence the question?

Thanks,
Partha

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:34 PM, cscj01 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a number of old black and white photos that have a slight color
> cast in
> the faces.  I have been trying to change this to a more pleasing gray.  So
> far I
> have failed.  I have attached one of the photos.  I hope someone can show
> me how
> to solve this issue.  Thanks.
>
> Attachments:
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/488/original/BJ.jpg
>
> --
> cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Problem photos

Owen Cook

> I have a number of old black and white photos that have a slight color cast in
> the faces.  I have been trying to change this to a more pleasing gray.  So far I
> have failed.  I have attached one of the photos.  I hope someone can show me how
> to solve this issue.  Thanks.
>
> Attachments:
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/488/original/BJ.jpg

Image->Mode->Grayscale

Owen

Problem photos

Roundball
>Image->Mode->Grayscale
>

>Owen

The problem with this is the document consist of a page of individual pictures.
When I use Image>Mode>Grayscale, some of the pictures look fine, and others not
so good.

I tried desaturate as Partha suggested, and I can get most of the pictures with
this.  A few are problems, but I believe that is because they were somewhat
blown out.  I added some contrast to those and used desaturate and things are
much better.  What is making me crazy is, I thought I had tried desaturate
before.  I must have chosen Colors>Desaturate>Colors to Gray instead of
Colors>Desaturate>Desaturate.

A tired mind can be a dangerous thing.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I really appreciate them.  I have about 9 of these
sheets of pictures, and this was the only one that had the issue.  Naturally I
chose it last to repair.  By the time I got to it, I wasn't thinking straight.

--
cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)