Problem With Clone Tool

billlee
Hello,
I'm having trouble with the clone tool on ver. 2.10.6.
With my image opened and the clone tool selected, I can choose a part of the
image to clone and hit ctrl+click and it looks like the selection has been
cloned. But, when I go the area of the image to insert the cloned selection and
click the mousepad, nothing happens...the circle just flashes and jumps around
the screen.
I have this problem on all new versions...2.10.2, 2.10.4, 2.10.6, but I do not
have this problem on ver. 2.8 ( I uninstalled 2.10 and reinstalled 2.8 and the
clone worked fine in 2.8).
Any ideas? Thank you.

--
guitarfan71 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)