Previous problems

ronaldw777
Some weeks ago, Michael and others made some helpful suggestions as to
how I might cure two problems that I was having with GIMP 2.2.4. I
thought that it might possibly help others if I described the solutions.

Problem 1. On most occasions when I opened GIMP, none of the tools
would work.
Solution 1. I discovered that the driver of my Wacom Graphire 2 Tablet
was the culprit. I downloaded the latest driver, but this did not help
so I uninstalled the driver. I am now left with limited functionality
from the tablet, but GIMP works perfectly.

Problem 2. When I clicked on an image, the blue colour defining the
selected layer disappeared. It was then not possible to know which
layer was selected.
Solution 2. What I had neglected to say was that I use two monitors. I
discovered that if I moved the Layers Dialogue on to the primary
monitor, the blue became grey, but I could still see it. I do not know
if this condition is related to the software or the hardware, but it
is clearly something that I can live with.

What a great programme GIMP is.

Yours aye, Ron Walker.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links