Positioning GIMP in the screen

Users mailing list
Gimp 2.10.22

I have dual screens currently operating a one wide :0.0 display.  I would
like to be able to position the GIMP window on the screen with precision as
would typically be done with the X11 -geometry specification.  This option
is not supported by GIMP.  is there an alternative method for accomplishing
this?  Thanks.

Re: Positioning GIMP in the screen

Patrick Shanahan-3
* Jeffery Small via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> [11-15-20 06:01]:
> Gimp 2.10.22
>
> I have dual screens currently operating a one wide :0.0 display.  I would
> like to be able to position the GIMP window on the screen with precision as
> would typically be done with the X11 -geometry specification.  This option
> is not supported by GIMP.  is there an alternative method for accomplishing
> this?  Thanks.

I believe that would best be accomplished by configuring your desired
window manager/desktop environment to place gimp on the desired display.
I do this frequently on plasma5/kde5.

Re: Positioning GIMP in the screen

Users mailing list
Set up all the Gimp windows as you want them, then go to preferences
and tell it to save window positions?

Adrian Midgley   http://defoam.net/  http://defoam.net/photo.defoam.net/