Please help i can no longer open image files

Please help i can no longer open image files

rich2005
i downloaded gmic and installed it in my plug ins on the windows version. it now
won't let me open any image file that i hadn't already used in gimp previously.
i'm pretty sure i deleted the gmic plug in folder. i had also uninstlled and
reinstalled gimp multiple times. please any help is greatly appreciated      .

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/567/original/gimpproblem.png

--
beast040 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Please help i can no longer open image files

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 6:07 AM, beast040 wrote:
> i downloaded gmic and installed it in my plug ins on the windows version. it now
> won't let me open any image file that i hadn't already used in gimp previously.
> i'm pretty sure i deleted the gmic plug in folder. i had also uninstlled and
> reinstalled gimp multiple times. please any help is greatly appreciated      .
>
> Attachments:
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/567/original/gimpproblem.png

There should be a gimp-2.8 folder in your user's home folder. Locate
and remove a file called 'pluginrc', then try starting GIMP again.