Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

rich2005
So I've installed GIMP, and Ghostscript (according to the install went to
/usr/local - Which I have no idea how to find.)

So, been looking through the forums, but I'm a newbie.  Not to using software,
but to going "under the hood" of my mac.

So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript.  Need step by step instructions if
possible.  I'm really good at following them, but not if they assume I already
know where to find things.  :-)

Running Latest GIMP and Ghostscript 9.2.1

--
esperancecottage (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

rich2005
Anybody, Anybody, Beuller, Beuller?  

>So I've installed GIMP, and Ghostscript (according to the install went
>to /usr/local - Which I have no idea how to find.)
>
>So, been looking through the forums, but I'm a newbie.  Not to using
>software, but to going "under the hood" of my mac.
>
>So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript.  Need step by step
>instructions if possible.  I'm really good at following them, but not
>if they assume I already know where to find things.  :-)
>
>Running Latest GIMP and Ghostscript 9.2.1

--
esperancecottage (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

Partha Bagchi-2
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Anybody, Anybody, Beuller, Beuller?
>
> >So I've installed GIMP, and Ghostscript (according to the install went
> >to /usr/local - Which I have no idea how to find.)
> >
> >So, been looking through the forums, but I'm a newbie.  Not to using
> >software, but to going "under the hood" of my mac.
> >
> >So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript.  Need step by step
> >instructions if possible.  I'm really good at following them, but not
> >if they assume I already know where to find things.  :-)
> >
> >Running Latest GIMP and Ghostscript 9.2.1
>

OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

Carol Spears-2
In reply to this post by rich2005
On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 9:30 PM, esperancecottage <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript.  Need step by step instructions if
> possible.  I'm really good at following them, but not if they assume I already
> know where to find things.  :-)
>
> Running Latest GIMP and Ghostscript 9.2.1
>
libpoppler does the same things.  See if you can open a pdf file and
relax if you can.

carol
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

rich2005
In reply to this post by Partha Bagchi-2
>On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??


I installed gimp.  Then installed ghostscript.  But don't know how to get gimp
to see that I have ghostscript.  Want to open eps files.

--
esperancecottage (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

rich2005
In reply to this post by Carol Spears-2
>libpoppler does the same things.  See if you can open a pdf file and
>relax if you can.
>
>carol

Thanks, but I want to open eps files.  

--
esperancecottage (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

Partha Bagchi-2
In reply to this post by rich2005
On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM, esperancecottage <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> >On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage
> ><[hidden email]>
> >wrote:
> >OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??
>
>
> I installed gimp.  Then installed ghostscript.  But don't know how to get
> gimp
> to see that I have ghostscript.  Want to open eps files.
>
> If you installed GIMP then you should not need to install ghostscript. All
the dylds should be included in your distribution. Where did you get it?
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

Carol Spears-2
In reply to this post by rich2005
On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM, esperancecottage <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>libpoppler does the same things.  See if you can open a pdf file and
>>relax if you can.
>>
>>carol
>
> Thanks, but I want to open eps files.
>
Okay, I am thoroughly ashamed.  In my defense, when GIMP was able to
do "text along a path" I was not so worried about being able to load
eps files again.

I read the configuration spew and noticed that configure was not
finding xmkmf, which is Xorg's (previously X11) special variety of
make.

I installed xutils-dev (I am on Debian because I was told to and could
not find a good reason not to, way back when) and the warning
disappeared and the configuration report claims to be using the
postscript plug-in now (found in the source at
plug-ins/common/file-ps.c

Now it is building and I do not know if I will find ps, eps in the
files I might open with this new and improved build, but I suspect so.

If you are on a Mac, maybe you can forward this to apple(tm) and shame
them also.

carol
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list