Please Help 2.8.22 File>Open Not Working Properly

Please Help 2.8.22 File>Open Not Working Properly

Laura Pryor
Hello. I bet someone knows how to fix this. Can you help? I installed 2.8.22 about a week ago and am struggling with the File>Open command. Instead of opening the file I want to work with in an additional window, this command opens a second running GIMP program.

This also happens if I navigate to a file, right click and use the Open With command.

If someone can help me that'd be so great! I've done some research and have only found people with similar instances but not a fix.

Thank you so much!

Laura