Pasting Image Into Selection (or another option)...

Pasting Image Into Selection (or another option)...

Luthien
Hi,

Thank you in advance for reading my question. I am trying to edit the cover of a
vinyl record mockup (https://graphicburger.com/vinyl-record-psd-mockup/).

The file contains several layers - one being the "Cover." Is there a way to
import an image into GIMP such that it only fills the space of the Cover? What I
have been trying to do is use the selection tool to only select the cover, add
an image to the clip board and then try to paste that image into the Cover
selection, however if I have an image that's larger than the Cover, it doesn't
fit into the cover.

 I've attached some screenshots for reference. I appreciate any advice!

Thank you for your help!

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1365/original/Layer_Outline.png
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1366/original/Cover_Selection.png