Painting in "Impasto" mode(?...)

Developers mailing list
Would it be possible to put in the paintbrush tool a new function equal to
the clone tool, in "fixed" mode, but that captures patterns and also colors
and allows to paint by mixing these colors? The effect would be great!
Something of the type Alla Prima painting, with thick colors. I already do
something similar using the clone tool and the new feature of catching
smudge tool colors with "flow", but when applying smudge, we lose the
impetus effect of the clone tool in fixed mode.
Please see these my videos for better understanding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC8BKsFT0qg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1XVFAbLUk

--
Sent from: http://gimp.1065349.n5.nabble.com/Developers-f15145.html