Newbie selection problems!!

fridaysmum
Hi Again Folks!

I'm trying to work my way through the "help" menu which creates more
problems than it solves.

In section 4.4 it talks about "how would you isolate this
tree?"..goes on about different issues regarding selection but
doesn't
ever tell me HOW to isolate & select that tree. I'd like to know,
step
by step, which tools & how to use them to isolate that tree so I can
use the same methods to fix some of my photos.

I end up using different selection tools & trial by error is not a
good way to learn this stuff!

Any help greatfully received!!Thanks.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Newbie selection problems!!

catfish
I think the grokking book is much better at explaining all your selection
options. In the case of the tree it looks pretty easy and can be done using
paths or scissors (just click along the border of the trunk. Now Getting the
background trees would be much harder and likely need to use a mask.

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html?node35.html (selections)

Only items I can think of that changes is that Bezier Paths are now just
plain Paths. By Color is a now a tool and doesn't open window (just click in
the image). Stroke now opens a window for options.

Let us know if you have more trouble.

fridaysmum wrote:
> In section 4.4 it talks about "how would you isolate this
> tree?"..goes on about different issues regarding selection but
> doesn't ever tell me HOW to isolate & select that tree.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Newbie selection problems!!