New plugin for merging three raw exposures.

New plugin for merging three raw exposures.

Ken Moffat
After getting my Scheme plugin to work (add overexposed and
underexposed versions of a raw image, to recover some shadow and
highlight detail) and working out the detail of how I then recover
from the reduced-contrast result (well duh!, G'MIC for Local contrast
enhancement), and then fine-tuning my own process, I've concluded
that it is "good enough".

It is called "Three Exposures" and sits in Filters -> Enhance.

Since the official plugin registry is no longer operational, I've
put a page at http://www.zarniwhoop.uk/three-exposures.html with
small examples of the result - each links to a series of less-small
examples to show what I did (if only as a "don't do that, then"
example for the good photographers out there). The download link is
at hte bottom of hte page.

It works with ufraw and gimp-2.8: if people on windows or mac can
convert their raw images to xcf (or uncompressed png) files then it
should work for them too - but it's only tested on linux.

And as I note on the page, it does not work with 2.9.

ĸen
--
I live in a city. I know sparrows from starlings.  After that
everything is a duck as far as I'm concerned.  -- Monstrous Regiment

Double mails from the list ?

Ken Moffat
On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

Or rather, I wrote it at 00:26:14 +0100 on Monday.  That post
appeared on the list, followed by a second version with West-Coast
American time.

I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently (I filter this list
into a mailbox with a lot of other lists, and traffic from this list
is mostly light).  But then _I_ double-post and so does the next
guy.

Anyone know what is going on ?

ĸen
--
I live in a city. I know sparrows from starlings.  After that
everything is a duck as far as I'm concerned.  -- Monstrous Regiment

Re: Double mails from the list ?

Casey Connor-2
I'm also seeing a lot of double posts. The headers between the
duplicates are kind of mess; e.g. of the message you just sent, the
first has the ntlworld DKIM signature, the second doesn't. The Received
route indicate by the first seems to imply that a virginmedia.net server
is re-injecting it? The second copy has a more logical Received chain,
but no DKIM header.

I note also that the second copy has two gimp-user-list signatures at
the end of the email body, implying accidental re-injection.

Sounds to me like a routing misconfiguration at gnome.org, which I guess
was already obvious. :-)

-c

On 06/18/2017 05:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> Or rather, I wrote it at 00:26:14 +0100 on Monday.  That post
> appeared on the list, followed by a second version with West-Coast
> American time.
>
> I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently (I filter this list
> into a mailbox with a lot of other lists, and traffic from this list
> is mostly light).  But then _I_ double-post and so does the next
> guy.
>
> Anyone know what is going on ?
>
> ĸen

Re: Double mails from the list ?

Kevin Cozens-2
On 2017-06-18 08:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:
> I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently
[snip]
> Anyone know what is going on ?

One thing I've noticed is that the second message of a double post mentions
a newsgroup "local.gimp.user". The reason for the double post may have
something to do with the message being posted to two places where the second
place is routed back to the mailing list.

I can't that is what is actually happening. Just an educated guess.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: Double mails from the list ?

Michael Schumacher
Am 19.06.2017 um 03:12 schrieb Kevin Cozens:

> On 2017-06-18 08:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:
>> I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently
> [snip]
>> Anyone know what is going on ?
>
> One thing I've noticed is that the second message of a double post
> mentions a newsgroup "local.gimp.user". The reason for the double post
> may have something to do with the message being posted to two places
> where the second place is routed back to the mailing list.
>
> I can't that is what is actually happening. Just an educated guess.

Seems like someone has set up a local news server, which is reinjecting
the messages.

The user account has been identified, notified and is currently suspended.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:07:05PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

> Am 19.06.2017 um 03:12 schrieb Kevin Cozens:
>
> > On 2017-06-18 08:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >> I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently
> > [snip]
> >> Anyone know what is going on ?
> >
> > One thing I've noticed is that the second message of a double post
> > mentions a newsgroup "local.gimp.user". The reason for the double post
> > may have something to do with the message being posted to two places
> > where the second place is routed back to the mailing list.
> >
> > I can't that is what is actually happening. Just an educated guess.
>
> Seems like someone has set up a local news server, which is reinjecting
> the messages.
>
> The user account has been identified, notified and is currently suspended.

Thanks.

ĸen