New User

rich2005
I have just downloaded Gimp on Windows 10, 64 bit, I then installed it.
However, now I cannot find the link/button to start the program. There is
nothing on my desktop or in the taskbar.
I had even tried looking in the gimp folder on the C:\ drive, but to no avail.
Nothing there which looks like it would execute the program.
Please help.

--
PoPs (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

New User

rich2005
>I have just downloaded Gimp on Windows 10, 64 bit, I then installed
>it.
>However, now I cannot find the link/button to start the program. There
>is nothing on my desktop or in the taskbar.
>I had even tried looking in the gimp folder on the C:\ drive, but to
>no avail. Nothing there which looks like it would execute the program.
>Please help.

Where did you get the Gimp installation file? Anywhere other than www.gimp.org
is leaving yourself open to malware.

If you do not use the customize option when installing Gimp then you do not get
a desktop shortcut, but you should get a menu entry.

Providing it is there, for a 64 bit installation look for: C:\Program Files\GIMP
2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe

see the attached screenshot

How an installation should go, a 3 minute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klV_1PslFG4

Some more about installing/ setting up Gimp, all Windows 10

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation?pid=202#pid202

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/608/original/whereisit.jpg

New User

rich2005
I got it at Gimp.org.  I knew it was there, I just couldn't find it. Now with
your very clear directions, I have found it.  I wonder why they hide it? Anyway,
I've copied it into the main Gimp menu, and set it on the taskbar.
Thanks for your swift and precise instruction.
I've had Gimp before but never learned how to get the most from it. I intend to
do just that now.
Again, thanks...

PoPs

--