Need simple command line syntax

Misslo777
I completely new to GIMP, so I apologise in advance for what might seem to be
obvoius to an advanced user.

I am trying to open a JPEG from MS Access using VB script. I have looked at many
examples of similar scripting on this site, but all are far too complex for me
to follow (I'm a newbie - remember! - thanks).

Examples such as "Gimp -s --a ("file name)" or [filename] or just filename just
leave me confused.. Or examples with [filename], similarly. Do I use square
brackets? Etc.

The advice I am looking for is simple:

I need to call the Gimp program followed by the path to the file to be opened.

The command line I have is:
"C:\program files\gimp 2\bin\GIMP 2.6 " b:\vehpics\123456.jpg

Do I need additional command line parameters? Are the brackets correct?

A similar command line opens up the correct file in mspaint - which I would
rather not use.

Any help will be appreciated.

Wadey

--
Wadey (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Need simple command line syntax

Misslo777
>I completely new to GIMP, so I apologise in advance for what might
>seem to be obvoius to an advanced user.
>
>I am trying to open a JPEG from MS Access using VB script. I have
>looked at many examples of similar scripting on this site, but all are
>far too complex for me to follow (I'm a newbie - remember! - thanks).
>
>Examples such as "Gimp -s --a ("file name)" or [filename] or just
>filename just leave me confused.. Or examples with [filename],
>similarly. Do I use square brackets? Etc.
>
>The advice I am looking for is simple:
>
>I need to call the Gimp program followed by the path to the file to be
>opened.
>
>The command line I have is:
>"C:\program files\gimp 2\bin\GIMP 2.6 " b:\vehpics\123456.jpg
>
>Do I need additional command line parameters? Are the brackets
>correct?
>
>A similar command line opens up the correct file in mspaint - which I
>would rather not use.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Wadey

Do you have Gimp installed? Are you really using Gimp 2.6? Why are you using
Gimp 2.6?

The default installation directory changed from Gimp 2.6 ..\GIMP-2.0\.. to
...\GIMP 2\... for Gimp 2.8 or 10

Do not know about your VB script but from command line

Gimp 2.6 would be (assuming 32 bit Gimp in 64 bit Windows)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-2.6.exe" path-to\image.ext

For Gimp 2.8/10

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe" path-to\image.ext (or gimp-2.10 as
appropriate)

see attached screenshots

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments: