Missing menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera

Missing menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera

Misslo777
Hello,

this is my configuration:
- Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.2
- GIMP 2.8.18
- Brother MFC-J5720DW with TWAIN driver 4.1.0 10-25-2016

I'm missing the menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera.

I have cross-checked the TWAIN driver installation. As documented in the manual
of the Brother, I have used the DeviceSelector.app to chose the scanner. I'm
also able to scan with e.g. Adobe Acrobat or ImageCapture.

It seems like other applications are able to detect the TWAIN driver of my
scanner. But why doesn't GIMP recognise it?

Thank you in advance for any help!

--
intralu (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Missing menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera

Partha Bagchi-2
Scanning directly into GIMP does not work on the Mac. Scan separately and
import/open in GIMP.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM, intralu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is my configuration:
> - Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.2
> - GIMP 2.8.18
> - Brother MFC-J5720DW with TWAIN driver 4.1.0 10-25-2016
>
> I'm missing the menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera.
>
> I have cross-checked the TWAIN driver installation. As documented in the
> manual
> of the Brother, I have used the DeviceSelector.app to chose the scanner.
> I'm
> also able to scan with e.g. Adobe Acrobat or ImageCapture.
>
> It seems like other applications are able to detect the TWAIN driver of my
> scanner. But why doesn't GIMP recognise it?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help!
>
> --
> intralu (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Missing menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera

Misslo777
>Scanning directly into GIMP does not work on the Mac. Scan separately
>and
>import/open in GIMP.

That is definitely not true. I had Gimp 2.8 with High Sierra and it could use
USB and Networked scanners. Upgrading to 2.10 and now they are gone. So, I'm
using the scanners separately and importing the photos, but not happy about it
since an earlier version of Gimp was perfectly good at it...

--
KMcCMedia (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)