Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Developers mailing list
Trying to compile some plug-ins against the current GIMP_2_10 branch, I get errors due to a missing include file:

In file included from /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:24:0,
                 from print_gimp.h:42,
                 from print-image-gimp.c:27:
/usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:78:43: fatal error: libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h: No such file or directory
 #include <libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h>
                                           
compilation terminated.

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Shlomi Fish
Hi Carmelo,

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:46:43 +0100
Carmelo DrRaw via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to compile some plug-ins against the current GIMP_2_10 branch, I get
> errors due to a missing include file:
>
> In file included from
> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:24:0, from
> print_gimp.h:42, from print-image-gimp.c:27:
> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:78:43: fatal
> error: libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h: No such file or directory #include
> <libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h> 
> compilation terminated.
>

you have a stale installation of the headers under /usr/local. Please remove it.
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-developer-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list



--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
NSA Factoids - http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/NSA/

BYTE editors are men who seperate the wheat from the chaff, and then
carefully print the chaff.
-- based on Lionel Hummel (uiucdcs!hummel), derived from a quote by Adlai
Stevenson, Sr.

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Elle Stone
On 11/19/2018 06:57 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Hi Carmelo,
>
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:46:43 +0100
> Carmelo DrRaw via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Trying to compile some plug-ins against the current GIMP_2_10 branch, I get
>> errors due to a missing include file:
>>
>> In file included from
>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:24:0, from
>> print_gimp.h:42, from print-image-gimp.c:27:
>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:78:43: fatal
>> error: libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h: No such file or directory #include
>> <libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h> 
>> compilation terminated.
>>
>
> you have a stale installation of the headers under /usr/local. Please remove it.

Hmm, I don't install GIMP in /usr/local but rather in a prefix in my
home folder.

I removed all the files installed by GIMP before updating and doing "git
clean -xdf" and recompiling from scratch. Which file/folder in a given
install prefix actually contains the "stale installation of the headers"?

Looking at the contents of "$PREFIX/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/
here are the files - I don't see gimpspinbutton.h:
gimp3migration.h
gimpbrowser.h
gimpbusybox.h
gimpbutton.h
gimpcairo-utils.h
gimpcellrenderercolor.h
gimpcellrenderertoggle.h
gimpchainbutton.h
gimpcolorarea.h
gimpcolorbutton.h
gimpcolordisplay.h
gimpcolordisplaystack.h
gimpcolorhexentry.h
gimpcolornotebook.h
gimpcolorprofilechooserd
gimpcolorprofilecombobox
gimpcolorprofilestore.h
gimpcolorprofileview.h
gimpcolorscale.h
gimpcolorscales.h
gimpcolorselect.h
gimpcolorselection.h
gimpcolorselector.h
gimpcontroller.h
gimpdialog.h
gimpenumcombobox.h
gimpenumlabel.h
gimpenumstore.h
gimpenumwidgets.h
gimpfileentry.h
gimpframe.h
gimphelpui.h
gimphintbox.h
gimpicons.h
gimpintcombobox.h
gimpintstore.h
gimpmemsizeentry.h
gimpnumberpairentry.h
gimpoffsetarea.h
gimpoldwidgets.h
gimppageselector.h
gimppatheditor.h
gimppickbutton.h
gimppixmap.h
gimppreviewarea.h
gimppreview.h
gimppropwidgets.h
gimpquerybox.h
gimpruler.h
gimpscaleentry.h
gimpscrolledpreview.h
gimpsizeentry.h
gimpstringcombobox.h
gimpunitcombobox.h
gimpunitmenu.h
gimpunitstore.h
gimpwidgetsenums.h
gimpwidgets-error.h
gimpwidgets.h
gimpwidgetstypes.h
gimpwidgetsutils.h
gimpzoommodel.h

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Developers mailing list
In addition to what Elle already mentioned, in my case the error happens inside a Travis CI job, which uses a Docker container for the compilation. There is therefore zero chance to have stale installation headers… GIMP is freshly installed in the container each time the jobs are being run.

Hope this helps…

Andrea

> On 19 Nov 2018, at 15:12, Elle Stone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 11/19/2018 06:57 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> Hi Carmelo,
>> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:46:43 +0100
>> Carmelo DrRaw via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Trying to compile some plug-ins against the current GIMP_2_10 branch, I get
>>> errors due to a missing include file:
>>>
>>> In file included from
>>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:24:0, from
>>> print_gimp.h:42, from print-image-gimp.c:27:
>>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:78:43: fatal
>>> error: libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h: No such file or directory #include
>>> <libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h> 
>>> compilation terminated.
>>>
>> you have a stale installation of the headers under /usr/local. Please remove it.
>
> Hmm, I don't install GIMP in /usr/local but rather in a prefix in my home folder.
>
> I removed all the files installed by GIMP before updating and doing "git clean -xdf" and recompiling from scratch. Which file/folder in a given install prefix actually contains the "stale installation of the headers"?
>

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Developers mailing list
In reply to this post by Elle Stone


On 11/19/18 9:12 AM, Elle Stone wrote:

> On 11/19/2018 06:57 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> Hi Carmelo,
>>
>> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:46:43 +0100
>> Carmelo DrRaw via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to compile some plug-ins against the current GIMP_2_10 branch, I get
>>> errors due to a missing include file:
>>>
>>> In file included from
>>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:24:0, from
>>> print_gimp.h:42, from print-image-gimp.c:27:
>>> /usr/local/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:78:43: fatal
>>> error: libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h: No such file or directory #include
>>> <libgimpwidgets/gimpspinbutton.h> 
>>> compilation terminated.
>>>
>>
>> you have a stale installation of the headers under /usr/local. Please remove it.
>
> Hmm, I don't install GIMP in /usr/local but rather in a prefix in my
> home folder.
>
> I removed all the files installed by GIMP before updating and doing "git
> clean -xdf" and recompiling from scratch. Which file/folder in a given
> install prefix actually contains the "stale installation of the headers"?
>
> Looking at the contents of "$PREFIX/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/
> here are the files - I don't see gimpspinbutton.h:

Thanks everyone.  The file was indeed not being installed.  Fixed now,
by commit 46d476869985013ea3e620240eaaf445bb3bc5e3.

--
Ell
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Elle Stone
On 11/19/2018 09:33 AM, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:
>
>
> Thanks everyone.  The file was indeed not being installed.  Fixed now,
> by commit 46d476869985013ea3e620240eaaf445bb3bc5e3.
>
> --
> Ell

Ell - thanks!
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing include file in current GIMP_2_10 branch

Developers mailing list
In reply to this post by Developers mailing list
I confirm the fix.

Thanks a lot!

> On 19 Nov 2018, at 15:33, Ell via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks everyone.  The file was indeed not being installed.  Fixed now,
> by commit 46d476869985013ea3e620240eaaf445bb3bc5e3.
>
> --
> Ell
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-developer-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list