Missing files

Frank McCormick-5
I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant past
the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of the
absence of a library called gimpfu. Is there a way to solve this
problem? I have searched for the file and am unable to find it.

Re: Missing files

Liam R E Quin
On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
> past
> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of the
> absence of a library called gimpfu.

This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing that
might help.

slave liam

Click here to have the slave rewarded with more chores.

Re: Missing files

Frank McCormick-5

On 7/27/20 9:53 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
>> past
>> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of the
>> absence of a library called gimpfu.
>
> This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing that
> might help.
>
> slave liam

    As far as I know there is no python plugin for GIMP, at least not in
the Debian repositories.

Re: Missing files

Users mailing list
I think it’s because when they moved onto newer versions of Linux they drop
the support for certain packages I looked it up and saw this link it’ll
probably be useful for you. And then the other link is the general search
that I did to find that link

https://www.google.com/search?q=gimpfu+lost+debian+update&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Dan 💚

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Frank McCormick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/27/20 9:53 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
> >> past
> >> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of the
> >> absence of a library called gimpfu.
> >
> > This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing that
> > might help.
> >
> > slave liam
> >

>     As far as I know there is no python plugin for GIMP, at least not in
> the Debian repositories.

Re: Missing files

Frank McCormick-5
  Thanks for those links. It appears it's a widespread problem with no
real solution, until Gimp 3.0 is out. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks

On 7/28/20 10:46 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:

> I think it’s because when they moved onto newer versions of Linux they
> drop the support for certain packages I looked it up and saw this link
> it’ll probably be useful for you. And then the other link is the general
> search that I did to find that link

> https://www.google.com/search?q=gimpfu+lost+debian+update&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
>
> Dan 💚
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Frank McCormick <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     On 7/27/20 9:53 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>      > On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>      >> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
>      >> past
>      >> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of the
>      >> absence of a library called gimpfu.
>      >
>      > This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing that
>      > might help.
>      >
>      > slave liam
>      >
>

>          As far as I know there is no python plugin for GIMP, at least
>     not in
>     the Debian repositories.

Re: Missing files

Users mailing list
Hi!

For the record, the official Flatpak build has a few extension flatpaks for
plug-ins. And resynthesizer is one of them! This way, even if you use a
distribution where pygtk2 got removed (as is your case on Debian testing),
you can still run GIMP with python plug-ins.

I explain the command lines to install the Flatpak resynthesizer plug-in on
this post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/39631718

Jehan

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM Frank McCormick <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Thanks for those links. It appears it's a widespread problem with no
> real solution, until Gimp 3.0 is out. We'll see how it works out.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 7/28/20 10:46 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
> > I think it’s because when they moved onto newer versions of Linux they
> > drop the support for certain packages I looked it up and saw this link
> > it’ll probably be useful for you. And then the other link is the general
> > search that I did to find that link
> >
> > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=253710
> >

> https://www.google.com/search?q=gimpfu+lost+debian+update&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
> >
> > Dan 💚
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Frank McCormick <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >

> >     On 7/27/20 9:53 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> >      > On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >      >> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
> >      >> past
> >      >> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of
> the
> >      >> absence of a library called gimpfu.
> >      >
> >      > This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing
> that
> >      > might help.
> >      >
> >      > slave liam
> >      >
> >

> >          As far as I know there is no python plugin for GIMP, at least
> >     not in
> >     the Debian repositories.

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot
Tipeee: https://www.tipeee.com/zemarmot

Re: Missing files

Frank McCormick-5
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't use resynthesizer that much to
warrant installing flatpak on this machine. I will wait for Gimp 3.0 and
hopefully updated extensions.