Melting Image Glitch - Latest Gimp Version - Windows 10 x64

Melting Image Glitch - Latest Gimp Version - Windows 10 x64

Users mailing list
Hello,

Gimp has weird glitching and I need to get some help from a Dev.

As soon as you begin to modify the image it starts to graphically "Melt"...
this is the only word that I can find to describe the glitch.

Please see the attached system specs and a screenshots of the "glitch".

0.jpg = normal pic... freshly loaded from file on desktop.
1.jpg = start of melting after applying a noise filter
2.jpg =  more melting
3.jpg = more melting
4.jpg = this is the "end" result.... takes about 30 seconds to get to this
point of "melting"....
 AIDA_Report.htm
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwuOOpKCqde8qoLbBL-RTOWO8Emkr5JR/view?usp=drive_web>

Jeff

Re: Melting Image Glitch - Latest Gimp Version - Windows 10 x64

Jernej Simončič-3
On Thursday, November 5, 2020, 03:07:18, Jeff Hollis via gimp-user-list wrote:

> As soon as you begin to modify the image it starts to graphically "Melt"...
> this is the only word that I can find to describe the glitch.

This usually happens if GIMP is running in non-native DPI. Right-click GIMP's shortcut, and make sure that no compatibility options are enabled on the Compatibility tab (especially none of the DPI-related options must be set).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Performance is directly affected by the perversity of inanimate objects.
       -- Boyle's Ninth Law

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 12:11:32, Jernej Simončič wrote:

> This usually happens if GIMP is running in non-native DPI. Right-click GIMP's shortcut

I forgot to say "Select Properties" here:

This usually happens if GIMP is running in non-native DPI. Right-click GIMP's shortcut, select Properties, and make sure that no compatibility options are enabled on the Compatibility tab (especially none of the DPI-related options must be set).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

A successful symposium depends on the ratio of meeting to eating.
       -- Zusmann's Rule