Lineart blending

Users mailing list
Hi there,

Personally, I draw with a mouse and use the path tool to create stable
lines. My lines are usually in solid black and they just sort of "frame" my
characters.

However, the more I look at other artists' artwork, the more I notice that
most of them have their lines blend smoothly with the color of the
surface, not just a harsh black line outlining the object. I have tried
searching up but the results misunderstood my question. I understand this
Gimp inquiry may not be answered for a while, so I'll just have to make my
black lines thinner for the time being. Of course, if any future replies
are helpful, I will appreciate them a lot in advance.

Veronica

Re: Lineart blending

Ofnuts-2
On 30/04/2020 02:01, Veronica Ma via gimp-user-list wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Personally, I draw with a mouse and use the path tool to create stable
> lines. My lines are usually in solid black and they just sort of "frame" my
> characters.
>
> However, the more I look at other artists' artwork, the more I notice that
> most of them have their lines blend smoothly with the color of the
> surface, not just a harsh black line outlining the object. I have tried
> searching up but the results misunderstood my question. I understand this
> Gimp inquiry may not be answered for a while, so I'll just have to make my
> black lines thinner for the time being. Of course, if any future replies
> are helpful, I will appreciate them a lot in advance.

Did you try to blur the layer with the lines by a couple of pixels?