Is there anything like PS actions for GIMP?

Is there anything like PS actions for GIMP?

BrentBrotine
I hate PS...I get lost every time I try to learn it , but having all of my
choices saved to one button is really really nice.  Is there anything like that
for GIMP? I see a Template button, but not sure if that's what im looking for .
Right now, when I edit my screenshots for my story, i use contrast, sharpen and
soft glo.  I have my contrast settings saved but It would be nice if I could
save everything I do to one button.

I am still very much a beginner with GIMP and have never used scripts or
anything like that.  Im sure I haven't touched on most of the things your can
do, so if its a simple answer, be gentle!!

Thanks in advance.

--
Selarono (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Is there anything like PS actions for GIMP?

BrentBrotine
>I hate PS...I get lost every time I try to learn it , but having all
>of my choices saved to one button is really really nice.  Is there
>anything like that for GIMP? I see a Template button, but not sure if
>that's what im looking for .  Right now, when I edit my screenshots
>for my story, i use contrast, sharpen and soft glo.  I have my
>contrast settings saved but It would be nice if I could save
>everything I do to one button.
>
>I am still very much a beginner with GIMP and have never used scripts
>or anything like that.  Im sure I haven't touched on most of the
>things your can do, so if its a simple answer, be gentle!!
>
>Thanks in advance.

Gimp does not have a macro function, nothing like PS actions.

The Template is for making a new size canvas with some settings.

The usual advice is write your own plugin/script, and that is a real put-off for
a beginner.

There are plugins that are a little easier to script. There is one gmic, which
provides several hundred filters, where you can easily save preset values or
wrap several filters in a script.

Not an easy subject on this type of mailing list forum.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net