Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

Alessandro Francesconi
Hello everyone, I don't know if it's permitted to do here, but I want inform you about my new GIMP plugin.
BIMP is a graphical batch tool made for applying a set of GIMP manipulations on a group of images. It's different from the "old but great" DBP plugin in various (and interesting) aspects... Give it a try if you want!

http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Cheers

--
Alessandro Francesconi
   alessandrofrancesconi.it

Re: Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

Alessandro Francesconi
If I understand well, actually I never had tested it for this purpose,
Daniel.
But surely you can start the plugin on a machine, then open images
stored on one or more connected clients of the local network (selecting
them through the classic File Chooser that appears by clicking on "Add
image files"), and choose an output directory on the right side of the
plugin window, that can be referred to another remote client.

If you are, instead, talking about a "parallel batch processing" on
multiple cpu/machines, then no... this plugin is not for this purpose yet.

Ale

Il 05/05/2012 20:19, Daniel Smith ha scritto:

> can I ask you, Alessandro, this is for a single install of gimp on
> one computer, or can act on a server for multiple images and multiple
> computers/cpus?
>
> On 5/5/12, Alessandro Francesconi<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hello everyone, I don't know if it's permitted to do here, but I want
>> inform you about my new GIMP plugin.
>> BIMP isa graphical batch tool made for applying a set of GIMP
>> manipulations on a group of images. It's different from the "old but
>> great" DBP plugin in various (and interesting) aspects... Give it a try
>> if you want!
>>
>> http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Alessandro Francesconi
>> alessandrofrancesconi.it<http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it>

Re: Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

David Joyner-3
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Alessandro Francesconi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I don't know if it's permitted to do here, but I want inform
> you about my new GIMP plugin.
> BIMP is a graphical batch tool made for applying a set of GIMP manipulations
> on a group of images. It's different from the "old but great" DBP plugin in
> various (and interesting) aspects... Give it a try if you want!
>
> http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Sounds very interesting.

I installed (in ubuntu)
sudo apt-get install libgimp2.0-dev
then compiled it as explained in the README file. (make them sudo make install).
The compile seemed to go fine However, I don't see bimp in the menus system.
Am I missing something?

(This is a resend, sorry if you get 2 copies. The first seemed to
trigger a mail server error.)

> Cheers
>
> --
> Alessandro Francesconi
>    alessandrofrancesconi.it

Re: Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

David Joyner-3
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Alessandro Francesconi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il 07/05/2012 12:07, David Joyner ha scritto:
>
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Alessandro Francesconi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, I don't know if it's permitted to do here, but I want inform
> you about my new GIMP plugin.
> BIMP is a graphical batch tool made for applying a set of GIMP manipulations
> on a group of images. It's different from the "old but great" DBP plugin in
> various (and interesting) aspects... Give it a try if you want!
>
> http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/
>
> Sounds very interesting.
>
> I installed (in ubuntu)
> sudo apt-get install libgimp2.0-dev
> then compiled it as explained in the README file. (make them sudo make
> install).
> The compile seemed to go fine However, I don't see bimp in the menus system.
> Am I missing something?
>
> (This is a resend, sorry if you get 2 copies. The first seemed to
> trigger a mail server error.)
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Alessandro Francesconi
>    alessandrofrancesconi.it

> Hello David,
> that's probably because gimptool-2.0 (that installs the compiled plugin into
> Gimp directories) didn't assign the execution permission to the file. It
> happened to me, see if the complied version of BIMP copied into Gimp plugins
> directory (should be /home/<username>/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) has the 'execute'
> permission enabled.

Thanks for the reply.
By habit I typed "sudo make install". It copied the binary to the
wrong location.
"make install" did the trick.

I am not getting it to apply the droste effect. Should all the filters work?

> --
> Alessandro Francesconi
>    alessandrofrancesconi.it

Re: Introducing BIMP: Batch Image Manipulation Plugin

elmer44m
Hello,

BIMP is great!
I am probably blind but can not find Channel Mixer in Manipulation Set / Other GIMP Procedure...
Please help. :-)

Elmer

New Book about GIMP 2.8 (german)

Bettina-5
Dear GIMP-Community,

it's a great pleasure for me to announce my new book about GIMP 2.8
(german).

Short link to the publisher Addison-Wesley
http://bit.ly/S4x74z

Short link to Amazon
http://amzn.to/Rta4Kf

Thank you for reading :) and sharing this mail and sorry for x-posting.

Tina