Installing guides Lab (.)py

Misslo777
Hello

My problem is I wanted to install a plugin called Guides Lab.

I have installed many Plugins in the past but I can not seem to get this one
working. On the website, he said it should work and others have confirmed.

I have tried the Data folder and the programs files folder as well... but does
not seem to be working.

On the gimp start screen, even one of the files seems to be loading in but it
doesn't show up under Images -> Guides -> Lab Guides.

Anything silly I am doing wrong?

Windows 10 / Gimp 2.10.08

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Installing guides Lab (.)py

Misslo777
>Hello
>
>My problem is I wanted to install a plugin called Guides Lab.
>
>I have installed many Plugins in the past but I can not seem to get
>this one working. On the website, he said it should work and others
>have confirmed.
>
>I have tried the Data folder and the programs files folder as well...
>but does not seem to be working.
>
>On the gimp start screen, even one of the files seems to be loading in
>but it doesn't show up under Images -> Guides -> Lab Guides.
>
>Anything silly I am doing wrong?
>
>Windows 10 / Gimp 2.10.08

You are not doing anything wrong, many (most) of Arakne's plugins are not
compatible with gimp.org Windows Gimp 2.10 version of python.

Works ok in linux, works with the partha version (although looks like problems
with menu icons on that 2.10.8 version )

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Installing guides Lab (.)py

Misslo777
>You are not doing anything wrong, many (most) of Arakne's plugins are
>not compatible with gimp.org Windows Gimp 2.10 version of python.
>
>Works ok in linux, works with the partha version (although looks like
>problems with menu icons on that 2.10.8 version )
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you for the hastily reply, I thought I was going crazy :)

That is a shame since he even wrote himself on his website that he tried it out
on windows 7 with gimp 2.10...

I posted on his website maybe he has some insight.

Thank you again!

Daniel

--
knowthyself (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Installing guides Lab (.)py

Misslo777
>Thank you for the hastily reply, I thought I was going crazy :)
>
>That is a shame since he even wrote himself on his website that he
>tried it out on windows 7 with gimp 2.10...
>
>I posted on his website maybe he has some insight.
>
>Thank you again!
>
>Daniel

Tried again in a Win 7 64 bit VM - same result. If you run Gimp from a terminal
with the --verbose switch you can see the plugin files show an error.

An alternative is the old Gimp-Atelier plugin. The only one I know of that as
well as setting multiple guides, will also save them. Adjusted for Gimp 2.10. If
you want to try it see:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Export-image-with-guides?pid=11224#pid11224

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1051/original/error.jpg

Installing guides Lab (.)py

Misslo777
>Thank you for the hastily reply, I thought I was going crazy :)
>
>That is a shame since he even wrote himself on his website that he
>tried it out on windows 7 with gimp 2.10...

Best guess with that and considering the date. The first stable windows Gimp
2.10 was 64 bit only, used python 2.7.5 (64bit)

that works: see screenshot

The current dual 64/32 Windows installer uses python 2.7.15 (32bit) for both
'flavours' - some python scripts do not work, unfortunately that includes
guides-lab.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1052/original/gimp210.jpg