Quantcast

Installing Gimp 2.8.20

Paula Koval
Hello, All!  I went to the torrent and downloaded Version 2.8.20  Then I
opened it with Torrex Lite torrent opener.  Now what do I do next, please?

Alternatively, I went to the mirror site and looked at the files but could
not find one Install.exe  It is likely that I won't because I am looking
for a DOS file in a Linux program.

Please tell me how to proceed to install the latest and greatest.

Multiple thanks!

Paula
--

*"It's so nice to know so many nice people."*

*---Eddie Gallaher (1914-2003)     Radio Personality, Washington, DC
1947-2000*

Re: Installing Gimp 2.8.20

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Paula Koval wrote:
> Hello, All!  I went to the torrent and downloaded Version 2.8.20  Then I
> opened it with Torrex Lite torrent opener.  Now what do I do next, please?
>
> Alternatively, I went to the mirror site and looked at the files but could
> not find one Install.exe  It is likely that I won't because I am looking
> for a DOS file in a Linux program.
>
> Please tell me how to proceed to install the latest and greatest.

You'll have to wait till we release the installer for Windows. That
will happen shortly.