Inserting text

billlee
Hello there,
I am a beginner to Gimp and already have an issue with inserting text. No
problem inserting the text box, but when I type - regardless of the font size -
the text is minute and can only be read using the magnifier. No idea how to undo
this!!

Help

bef1418

--
bef1418 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Inserting text

billlee
>Hello there,
>I am a beginner to Gimp and already have an issue with inserting text.
>No problem inserting the text box, but when I type - regardless of the
>font size - the text is minute and can only be read using the
>magnifier. No idea how to undo this!!
>
>Help
>
>bef1418

You should give Operating system (Windows, linux, OSX) and the version of Gimp
you are using.

Guessing Windows and Gimp 2.10

if you can post a screenshot of the Gimp interface and a text entry, that
provides lots of information on what you are doing.

However, An all-in-one screenshot attached

The default Gimp 2.10 canvas is now quite large 1920x1080 pix but so is the
default font size 62 pix which shows up reasonably well (1)

Sometime you might have changed the font size to something small and get
something like (2) Unless you change some settings Gimp will save that size for
the next time you use Gimp.

You are now using Gimp with the text size set to some small size, 24 pix too
small to see so you try and change the size using the on canvas text tool (3)
Nothing happens. The on-screen too works on selected text, no text is selected
so there is no change. Use the text size setting in the Text toolbox (circled in
2)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1034/original/sometext.jpg

Inserting text

billlee
>You should give Operating system (Windows, linux, OSX) and the version
>of Gimp you are using.
>
>Guessing Windows and Gimp 2.10
>
>if you can post a screenshot of the Gimp interface and a text entry,
>that provides lots of information on what you are doing.
>
>However, An all-in-one screenshot attached
>
>The default Gimp 2.10 canvas is now quite large 1920x1080 pix but so
>is the default font size 62 pix which shows up reasonably well (1)
>
>Sometime you might have changed the font size to something small and
>get something like (2) Unless you change some settings Gimp will save
>that size for the next time you use Gimp.
>
>You are now using Gimp with the text size set to some small size, 24
>pix too small to see so you try and change the size using the on
>canvas text tool (3) Nothing happens. The on-screen too works on
>selected text, no text is selected so there is no change. Use the text
>size setting in the Text toolbox (circled in 2)

Sorted! Didn't realise the size of canvas affected normal font size (say 18), so
thank you

--
bef1418 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)