Inserting images

Erica De Jesus
Hi,

It might appeal stupid (or not) to some people here, but how do you insert images? The thing I do is open another window with the image that I want, and copy and paste. Is there an easier way? Thnx in advance.

Erica

Re: Inserting images

Olivier Ripoll
Erica De Jesus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It might appeal stupid (or not) to some people here, but how do you
> insert images? The thing I do is open another window with the image that
> I want, and copy and paste. Is there an easier way? Thnx in advance.
>
> Erica
You can use drag and drop:

  - "Drag and drop" to the toolbox creates a new window. You can drag
from the "Layer, Channels ..." window (the layer thumbnails) or from the
windows explorer (the file manager)

  - "Drag and drop" to an image window will create a new layer in the
image containing the dragged content. As previously, you can drag from
the windows explorer or from Gimp thumbnails.

So in you case, the easiest way is to drag from the windows explorer
into you image window.

Regards,

Olivier.