Individual frame (layer) duration

Andy Pieters-4
Hi all

I am making an animated gif and have been using layers as frames.  How can I
set individual frame durations?  I have been looking all of the user
interface and haven't got the slightest clue.

I digged around on Carol's website too but couldn't find what I want.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
--

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/

Re: Individual frame (layer) duration

Carol Spears
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:31:12PM +0200, x_terminat_or_3 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am making an animated gif and have been using layers as frames. ?How can I
> set individual frame durations? ?I have been looking all of the user
> interface and haven't got the slightest clue.
>
> I digged around on Carol's website too but couldn't find what I want.

yeah, sorry about that.  when i started using gimp for animation, i
jumped right into video formats.

if you save as gif with gimp2 you will get an export dialog.  animation
is one of the options if you do this with an image containing layers.

once it is saved you can reopen it in gimp and see how it was animated
in the layers dialog.  for more tweaking, like if you would like one
frame to last longer or whatever can be done by editing the information
on the layer comments.

more than this, there are menu options in Filters -->Animate that can
further optimize your gif.

handling the export dialog correctly is the first step.

carol