Images different in other editors

Users mailing list
I'm using the Windows version of Gimp 2.10 .

When I create an image in Gimp to my satisfaction, if I display it in other Windows programs (e.g. Paintshop Pro) it looks much darker. Is there some option I need to set in order to have them look the same?

Basically, my problem is that if I were to send it away to be printed professionally, how would I know whether the print would correspond to the dark version or the light version?

- Richard

Re: Images different in other editors

Rick Strong-2
Do a test print. Yes you would have to pay for it, but on the other hand
you'll know what you are getting. And are you printing photographs or
brochures? For brochures, a printer may want a PDF. For photos as photos, a
different file format. It also helps if you have a calibrated display. Test,
test, test.

Rick S.