I want to increase brush size with SHIFT + Scroll Wheel

I want to increase brush size with SHIFT + Scroll Wheel

programmer_ceds
The default is that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will move horizontally.

I want to change it so that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will increase brush size when I
SHIFT + scroll up and decrese brush size when I SHIFT + scroll down.

--
iop (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: I want to increase brush size with SHIFT + Scroll Wheel

Pat David
https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-using-variable-size-brush.html

You can program it.
On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM iop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The default is that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will move horizontally.
>
> I want to change it so that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will increase brush size
> when I
> SHIFT + scroll up and decrese brush size when I SHIFT + scroll down.
>
> --
> iop (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: I want to increase brush size with SHIFT + Scroll Wheel

Steve Kinney

On 03/11/2017 10:41 AM, Pat David wrote:

> https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-using-variable-size-brush.html
>
> You can program it.
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM iop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The default is that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will move horizontally.
>>
>> I want to change it so that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will increase brush size
>> when I
>> SHIFT + scroll up and decrese brush size when I SHIFT + scroll down.

I spend a lot of time using Brush type tools in the GIMP.  When I
discovered that brushes can be resized "on the fly" via mouse + keyboard
commands, my workflow changed radically - more speed, more precision,
less stress.  Changing brush hardness the same way completes the picture
of a happier me.

A GIMP VBR variable brush scales with "perfect" resolution and has
adjustable hardness because it is a vector, not a bitmap.  The VBR
brushes available in the basic set included with the GIMP did not suit
me, so I made a few of my own:  A circle, four ellipses with different
orientations, a square and a diamond.  Making them with the GIMP brush
editor is trivially easy, but here they are for e-z download and
installation.

What they look like:

http://pilobilus.net/xfer/brushes.png

Where they are: