Huion tablets compatibility check request

Huion tablets compatibility check request

chrisj
Hello,
With recent versions of Gimp I'm experiencing problems with my Huion h610pro
tablet.
Clicking on canvas makes a single mark but dragging the stylus doesn't move the
cursor at all.
Tools that use single clicks work without problems.
The last version of Gimp that works fine is 2.8.18.
Is this something that the Gimp team could look into for future patches?
I really like the new additions in 2.8.22 and I'm bummed out that I have to miss
out on these.

My huion driver is a custom version of v11.

There's also another problem - often the tool changes when the stylus touches
the tablet. Sometimes it's enough to cycle through a few tools and the choice
sticks.

PS:
I already posted here:
http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?88192%40forums.gimpusers.com
so feel free to remove this post if necessary.

--
torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Huion tablets compatibility check request

Ross Martinek
Glad I didn’t update beyond 2.8.18.

You didn’t mention what OS you use. This would be useful for diagnostics, and so it could be determined whether this was a Windows, Mac, or Linux problem.

I’m on a Mac, OS 10.12.6, running Huion driver V11.1.8. Works fine with GIMP 2.8.18. It would be a disaster if I upgraded and suddenly couldn’t use the tablet.

In my configuration, GIMP always wants to see the pen set as airbrush at startup. I usually have to select another tool three times before it takes. Thereafter it’s fine.

Ross

> On Jul 29, 2017, at 4:49 AM, torba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> With recent versions of Gimp I'm experiencing problems with my Huion h610pro
> tablet.
> Clicking on canvas makes a single mark but dragging the stylus doesn't move the
> cursor at all.
> Tools that use single clicks work without problems.
> The last version of Gimp that works fine is 2.8.18.
> Is this something that the Gimp team could look into for future patches?
> I really like the new additions in 2.8.22 and I'm bummed out that I have to miss
> out on these.
>
> My huion driver is a custom version of v11.
>

> There's also another problem - often the tool changes when the stylus touches
> the tablet. Sometimes it's enough to cycle through a few tools and the choice
> sticks.
>
> PS:
> I already posted here:
> http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?88192%40forums.gimpusers.com
> so feel free to remove this post if necessary.
>

> --
> torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Huion tablets compatibility check request

chrisj
Yes, I forgot to post my system specs, didn't want to multiply the posts so I
just included them in my profile.
Anyway, it's:
Win10 64bit Anniversary update
on a Medion Erazer x7817
 i7-3610QM,
12 gigs of ram
and only integrated gpu.

cheers

--
torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Huion tablets compatibility check request

Ross Martinek
Oh FRAK. Can’t help with Windows. Hopefully someone using that OS will be able to help.

Best of luck,

Ross

> On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:54 PM, torba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, I forgot to post my system specs, didn't want to multiply the posts so I
> just included them in my profile.
> Anyway, it's:
> Win10 64bit Anniversary update
> on a Medion Erazer x7817
> i7-3610QM,
> 12 gigs of ram
> and only integrated gpu.
>
> cheers
>
>> Glad I didn’t update beyond 2.8.18.
>>
>> You didn’t mention what OS you use. This would be useful for
>> diagnostics, and so it could be determined whether this was a Windows,
>> Mac, or Linux problem.
>>
>> I’m on a Mac, OS 10.12.6, running Huion driver V11.1.8. Works fine
>> with GIMP 2.8.18. It would be a disaster if I upgraded and suddenly
>> couldn’t use the tablet.
>>
>> In my configuration, GIMP always wants to see the pen set as airbrush
>> at startup. I usually have to select another tool three times before
>> it takes. Thereafter it’s fine.
>>
>> Ross
>
> --
> torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Huion tablets compatibility check request

Richard Gitschlag
About the only people who can truly help you are those running GIMP (similar version) on Windows (preferably 10) with a same/similar brand tablet as yours ... and there probably aren't many on this list who do.  That leaves the rest of us just guessing at answers...

For starters, GIMP is indeed configured to have the stylus pen assigned to Airbrush and the stylus eraser assigned to Eraser by default, both of which are separate from the tool associated with the core mouse pointer (Paintbrush, I think).  This IS configurable, however ... under Edit > Preferences > Input Devices, you can allow GIMP to save the device->tool mappings upon exit or you can manually save them so it will start with your preferred tools per device.

-- Stratadrake
[hidden email]
--------------------
________________________________
You didn’t mention what OS you use. This would be useful for diagnostics, and so it could be determined whether this was a Windows, Mac, or Linux problem.

I’m on a Mac, OS 10.12.6, running Huion driver V11.1.8. Works fine with GIMP 2.8.18. It would be a disaster if I upgraded and suddenly couldn’t use the tablet.

In my configuration, GIMP always wants to see the pen set as airbrush at startup. I usually have to select another tool three times before it takes. Thereafter it’s fine.

Ross

> On Jul 29, 2017, at 4:49 AM, torba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> With recent versions of Gimp I'm experiencing problems with my Huion h610pro
> tablet.
> Clicking on canvas makes a single mark but dragging the stylus doesn't move the
> cursor at all.
> Tools that use single clicks work without problems.
> The last version of Gimp that works fine is 2.8.18.
> Is this something that the Gimp team could look into for future patches?
> I really like the new additions in 2.8.22 and I'm bummed out that I have to miss
> out on these.
>
> My huion driver is a custom version of v11.
>

> There's also another problem - often the tool changes when the stylus touches
> the tablet. Sometimes it's enough to cycle through a few tools and the choice
> sticks.
>
> PS:
> I already posted here:
> http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?88192%40forums.gimpusers.com
> so feel free to remove this post if necessary.
>

> --
> torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)

Re: Huion tablets compatibility check request

Ross Martinek
Does this work on a Mac? I don’t recall GIMP recognizing the Huion tablet and stylus in that dialog, though they seem to work well except for this default.

Ross