How to stretch only the edge of a pic

Misslo777
I'm working on a CD project with several panels. Since this is bulk produced
they can't be exact as to where they cut the final panel image. Look at the PNG
image I uploaded.

They're a safety area line where anything inside that is for sure going to be
printed, then there is a trim line where they try to get as close as they can to
when they cut the paper and then there's the bleed line which that area is in
use if they miss the trim cut.

If I line my pic up to the edge of the bleed line, it may cut off parts of the
pic that I really want. So what I want to do is to stretch only th every edge of
my pic so it goes all the way to the bleed line, but I don't want it to distort
the rest of the pic only the small border area  around the whole pic. Any
suggestions.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1048/original/Stretch_pic.JPG

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

How to stretch only the edge of a pic

Misslo777
>I'm working on a CD project with several panels. Since this is bulk
>produced they can't be exact as to where they cut the final panel
>image. Look at the PNG image I uploaded.
>
>They're a safety area line where anything inside that is for sure
>going to be printed, then there is a trim line where they try to get
>as close as they can to when they cut the paper and then there's the
>bleed line which that area is in use if they miss the trim cut.
>
>If I line my pic up to the edge of the bleed line, it may cut off
>parts of the pic that I really want. So what I want to do is to
>stretch only th every edge of my pic so it goes all the way to the
>bleed line, but I don't want it to distort the rest of the pic only
>the small border area  around the whole pic. Any suggestions.

Still working on that CD?

A few ways for that image, only two edges needed.

Give the image transparency, Layer -> Transparency -> Add alpha channel.

Resize the canvas, quarter inch needed? (I added an 1/8" but should be 1/4") and
drag the image to the top - right corner, gives a transparent edge left and
bottom.

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-image-resize.html

and a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ozKWhDZ.jpg

Then you could get away with just filling the transparency with a dark colour,
ie. lock the pixels and then fill.

A better way might be with the resynthesizer + heal transparency plugin. You
have that plugin ?

Looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/R9GtQnk.jpg

And with the original over the top the new edge looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Ndlz6eY.jpg

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

How to stretch only the edge of a pic

Misslo777
>Still working on that CD?
>
>A few ways for that image, only two edges needed.
>
>Give the image transparency, Layer -> Transparency -> Add alpha
>channel.
>
>Resize the canvas, quarter inch needed? (I added an 1/8" but should be
>1/4") and drag the image to the top - right corner, gives a
>transparent edge left and bottom.
>
>https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-image-resize.html
>
>and a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ozKWhDZ.jpg
>
>Then you could get away with just filling the transparency with a dark
>colour, ie. lock the pixels and then fill.
>
>A better way might be with the resynthesizer + heal transparency
>plugin. You have that plugin ?
>
>Looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/R9GtQnk.jpg
>
>And with the original over the top the new edge looks like this:
>https://i.imgur.com/Ndlz6eY.jpg
>

>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thanks Rich, good useful info. Actually this is my 4th CD project. I really
appreciate all of your excellent help and tips.

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)