How to find midway

rich404
I'm looking for creating a selection that is halfway between two lines. This is
easiest to explain by reference to an example. In the attached image, I want to
create a selection that is halfway inbetween the outer and image layer of the
green image (i.e. halfway between the green/blue border and the red/green
border). Spent way too long trying to figure it out. Help!

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1196/original/Discrete_Gradiants.png

--
Synecdoche (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: How to find midway

Kevin Cozens-2
On 2019-06-21 9:46 p.m., Synecdoche wrote:
> I'm looking for creating a selection that is halfway between two lines. This is
> easiest to explain by reference to an example. In the attached image, I want to
> create a selection that is halfway inbetween the outer and image layer of the
> green image (i.e. halfway between the green/blue border and the red/green
> border). Spent way too long trying to figure it out. Help!

Try the following:
- select by colour
- Grow or shrink the selection multiple times counting the number of steps
   it took before the selection got to the other colour.
- Shrink or grow the selection half the number of steps

It may not be the fastest method but it should work.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick