Quantcast

How to disable Gimp catching segmentation faults

How to disable Gimp catching segmentation faults

Helmut Jarausch
Hi,

if there is a segmentation fault in a plug-in, Gimp catches this and
displays some message.

For debugging purposes I'd like to get control (in gdb) when a
segmentation faults happens.
How can I achieve this?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut

Re: How to disable Gimp catching segmentation faults

Simon Budig
Helmut Jarausch ([hidden email]) wrote:
> if there is a segmentation fault in a plug-in, Gimp catches this and
> displays some message.
>
> For debugging purposes I'd like to get control (in gdb) when a segmentation
> faults happens.
> How can I achieve this?

Have a look at devel-docs/debug-plug-ins.txt in the gimp repository.
There are some environment variables you can set to control how the
plugins are supposed to behave.

In your case you can make the plugin stop on invocation and the PID gets
printed out. You then can attach gdb to the PID and cont.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              [hidden email]              http://simon.budig.de/